Re: [MV] Fw: Be Proud America

From: col col (male367@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Apr 15 2001 - 23:23:03 PDT

HI Tim and all proud Americans...

I agree with you....
But I may have started a bit of this "political balls" when i referred to a
bloke that lowered the price of a pot of beer, and he happens to be chief of
our politicians. I know that this news deserves a place on the front page of
the worlds press, but i had no intention of srarting a brawl between the
world's tribes.
It is a shame that some folk can't see the humour in something, and have to
try to extract political milage and point scoring. It was never my intention
to make a political statement of my views, and in fact I try to adhere to a
code we have in the Australian army that po;itics and religion are 2
subjects not discussed in the mess,,,or the lines. But that dosen't prevent
us from having a joke or satire about either side of politics...or country.
I too am proud to be Australian as much as others are proud to be American
or English, but that dosen't make us better than the other, and I have the
highest respect for both the proud Americans and English I have served with
during my army postings.
So lets a have a joke,,,even about our nationality or politics,,,but maybe
we can keep it just that...a bit of good clean fun...without malice. Anmd
stay with us Tim...we need you

Regards Colin Cronin