Re: [MV] Another M35 Starter Question

From: Jim Rice (majrice@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 18 2001 - 10:34:33 PDT

Kerry,

I've been around and responsible for M35s for several years now. As
Artillery Battery Maintenance Officer for over two years, I was responsible
for the 10 M35A2s in the battery which we used virtually everyday Mon-Fri.
Later, as a Battalion Maintenance Officer (one year) and later as a
Battalion Executive Officer (just over a year), I was again responsible for
about 20+ M35A2s. I don't recall the starter EVER being a weak link in the
trucks. I've seen numerous batteries drained in cold weather and the
starters never gave out, even when abused by the drivers. I don't
specifically recall ever having an M35 starter ever outright quit. I am we
changed some out, but it wasn't a problem area that I recall. Batteries
were a much larger problem than starters.

Jim Rice