Just some advice.

From: Timothy Smith (timothy.smith1@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Apr 22 2001 - 15:43:41 PDT

Hi fellas,

I am sending this message to the G Company Group with carbon copy to the
Military Vehicle list.

Have been watching the fireworks on the other email discussion group I
subscribe to. It seems that some virus has gotten someone and is busily
replicating itself and sending itself to the rest of us through the infected
computer. So in the interest of safety for this group (and others) I would
like to offer some basic rules of conduct for e-group members since sooner
or later we are all eating from the same hog-trough (so to speak).

Viruses will come to you via an email as an ATTACHMENT. Basic email text is
far to simple in and of itself to contain an embedded virus.

If you do not have any up to date virus protection follow these simple rules
for e-communications.

For those of you who are receiving mail. DO NOT OPEN ATTACHMENTS that you
were not expecting to receive! Yes, you can read the mail without opening
the attachment but do not be so curious (or ignorant) as to open such an
item without being sure it is legitimate. If you receive an unexpected
attachment, delete the message with the attachment and contact the sender
and ask if he/she sent you a message with an attachment. If it is legit,
the sender can resend the old message and attachment.

For those of you who are sending mail. If you are sending mail with
attachments, please be so kind as to mention to whomever you are
communicating with, that there is a legitimate attachment of (insert topic
here) coming with the email. In doing so, be lengthy and/or personal about
it. This will let ensure that the person receiving your mail and
attachement knows that the item is kosher.

I'm sure all of us would welcome any additional comments from the
membership.

My two bits worth....

TJ
MVPA 21162