Re: [MV] M1009 Turbo

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@bit-net.com)
Date: Sun Apr 22 2001 - 09:29:34 PDT

Your welcome Joe,

    The primary weak point in the 5.7 was the crankshaft at 85 pounds total
weight. All Oldsmobile did to convert the 5.7 engine from gas to Diesel was
change the heads and add a mechanical injection system. When they blew they
generally took out the crankshaft. Compare that to the 6.2's 200 pound
weight for it's crankshaft.

James Shanks
n1vbn@bit-net.com