Re: [MV] Newbe questions

From: Mark Ehle (MEhle@catc.k12.mi.us)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 11:45:32 PDT

I bought an M35 for $2900. Itdoesn't have a winch or a turbo. What it does have is a previous owner who knew how to bring it home from the DRMO, and knew what to look for and fix, as he was a former army mechanic. It was worth a little more for me not to have to deal with getting it running to get it home, only to have it break down on the way.

Now that I have a dependable truck and a tiny amount of experience with it, I might consider getting another one directly from the government. But, I am glad that I did not go that route the first time!

Good luck -

Mark Ehle
'70 AMG M35A2

>>> Witold Grzymala-Busse <witek@argus.rs-systems.com> 04/23/01 09:52AM >>>
I went to the local DRMO and got bit by the HMV bug, I want, no, I need!
a M-35, I need the lists help, what do I look for when looking for a M-35,
and what are the price ranges for the M-35, i.e. ( how much will I pay for
a fair condition M-35 as opposed to a poor or good condition m-35) Also,
what TM's do I need, where can I get them (are they on the web?) Where
can I get decent priced spares. Are there any sites on the web for
newbies or is it all by trial and error?

WGB