Re: [MV] WHY WE GOT CAUGHT - WE WERE STUPID

From: Robert Barber (rbarber41@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 11:55:31 PDT

Jemery

>You quoted my entire reply to someone about this virus stuff, am I to
> >assume that I am the one you are talking about that you have never >seen
>on this file (I assume you mean listserv) before?????
>
>I have been on here since Jan of 1997 and participate regularly if not
>every
>day.

Fine, that fact however does not excuse your reply

> >I would be cautions on being a virus know-it-all from the stand
> >point some of us may begin to think it was you who set it off
> >on us ..
>
>Never said I was a virus know it all. As to accusing me of setting it
> >off,I think you'd better have some more proof before you start >pointing
>fingers.

   You implied it in your response. Beyond that were you directly
  accused ?? NO !! So you can back off on that one..

  Understand that any one of us "might" find it suspicious considering
  your "glee" at the misfortune of others expressed in your reply and
  I am entitled to my opinion ..

> > Those of us that got caught is because we opened it from a fellow
> > member of this file that we know and trust and not because are
> > stupid as you imply.
>
>Did I imply you were stupid? What I said was that the fact that some
> >people have virus problems is a direct result of something they did or
> >software that they allow to run on their computers. If you have >learned
>something from this and you are smarter now than before then >that is a
>good thing right? Your smarter right?

I don't have the original message to quote from, but YES you implied
that anyone who got suckered into getting the virus was stupid.. Your
whole response was laced with a I'm smarter than thou attitude that
flamed everyone that was a victim of this crap.. Unlike those that
pitched it to assist their fellow file friends, you didn't have
one single shred of help for anyone, just your copped attitude ...

In short I'm calling it as it was.. You were being a smartass adding
insult to injury... The last sentence of your reply above is a prime
example .. You are not helping your case nor people with such
statements .. Just verbally rubbing salt into already open wounds ..

Here's the point .. It like your mother told you long ago. If you
can't help or say something nice .. Then say nothing at all ...

                               Nuff said

                                   Bob B