Re: [MVlist] RE: [MV] M35-A2 Pump Tweeking

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@bit-net.com)
Date: Fri Apr 27 2001 - 05:28:13 PDT

Hi Rikk,

    You need one only sensor (capillary) mounted after the turbo. The limit
after the turbo is 900 F. and 1200 F. if mounted between the engine and the
turbo. 99 % of all factory installations for a pyrometer is after the turbo.
Just for info the 300 degree difference between mounting points is how much
energy/heat the turbo takes out of the gas stream.

    The main purpose of the pyrometer is to let the drive monitor the
exhaust temp and prevent it from getting too high where it can do damage.

James Shanks
n1vbn@bit-net.com