RE: [MV] Importation of HUMMVEE...

From: John Hutterer (john.hutterer@deltec.com)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 08:01:51 PDT

Bill,

I had received a couple of messages from some guy in Australia who wanted to
sell me a HMMWV, but only if I was willing to put up 1/2 the price in
advance. The story was that he and his father each wanted HMMWV's, but had
to buy several more at the same time, because it was a package deal. They
needed others to buy the remaining vehicles, basically sight-unseen. I don't
have all of the details anymore as this was several months ago. If this deal
is similar, I would be very suspicious of it. Perhaps Doug Greville could
answer this question? Does the Australian Military even use the HMMWV? If
so, have they had them long enough that they would now be surplussing them?

John