WC53 Carryall Restoration Entry #42 & 43

From: Chris Davis (cdavis@webworldinc.com)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 08:01:41 PDT

Lunch time Friday I secured some copper plate to back the screw holes in
the roof while I'm MIG welding them. Took a break from the garage that
night and had an evening out with my long suffering wife. She has been
very supportive though this, and other MV projects I manage to get myself
into.

I wish I had more to show for Saturday's work, but the devil is in the
details and that's what I had to deal with. I took the paint off the
ceiling, then worked over the rest of the vehicle with a "dressed" grey
wheel (cut down thin to get in those hard to reach corners and creases.)

I also cleaned out the roof insert seal channel. This involved grinding
off the bottoms off the two dozen or so split rivets that held the old seal
in. Amazing that old seal was still there and intact for the most part.

Chris Davis
MVPA# 20000
Lake Forest, CA
'42 WC53 Carryall