Re: [MVlist] WC53 Carryall Restoration Entry #44

From: Chris Davis (cdavis@webworldinc.com)
Date: Wed May 02 2001 - 12:54:59 PDT

Hi Gordon,

You make an excellent point. While I enjoy most of the time I spend in the
garage, and the work for the work's sake, a couple issues spoil it.

First, I enjoy using the truck more than working on it. I only have space
for one "keeper" vehicle at a time, so when I sold my M37 to move to the
WC53 I started missing parades, car shows, trail rides, etc. What I really
need is a restored vehicle and the "project" truck that can proceed at it's
own pace. I'm not there space or $ wise yet.

Second, I work best when cornered like a rat in a trap. :-) The deadline
gives urgency to the task, gets me off the couch / computer / book, what
have you, and into the garage. I have to keep perspective though. The
deadline is artificial and I don't want to do poor work because I was in a
hurry.

Third, I'm married. My wife understands "I've got to get this done by
Memorial Day, then we can do the living room carpet." If the vehicle is a
perpetual project it gets a lot harder to justify ignoring the other two
dozen "around the house" projects that should be done.

So I lament being behind schedule. But I certainly understand what you're
saying. Better it be done right, even if the schedule has to slip.

Chris Davis