Re: [MV] M4 Tanks

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 04:31:00 PDT

On the subject of mileage before overhaul....
I spent several days last week at the National Archives and at Carlisle
Barracks doing research for an article. I don't have the original document
in front of me at the moment, but one report said "It is not unusual for
components readily guaranteed for 100,000 miles in civilian applications to
fail after 2,000 miles in military use."
So, looking at the GAA from this standpoint, it doesn't seen too bad.
My .02,
David Doyle