Re: [MV] M4 Tanks

From: John A. Hern Jr (hern@nidlink.com)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 06:20:52 PDT

> >I just read in Army Motors that the life of the 500 HP ford V8 had an
> >expected life of 400 hrs.
> >Is this right? and if so, why so short?

Recently some liberal newsman was bashing German WWII technology. He
was interviewing a high ranking German veteran, and was bad mouthing the
Jumo jet engine, pointing out that it only had a life of 25 hours. The
general replied, "Well, yes, but at that point in the war, the life
expectancy of the average fighter aircraft was two hours."

John A. Hern Jr. 1900 Millview Coeur d'Alene, Idaho 83814
mailto:hern@nidlink.com Dipl.Ing. Mechanical Engineer
Foundry: http://www.hernironworks.com
Greyhounds: http://www.greyhoundpetsinc.org
Personal: http://www.happygreyhound.com