Re: [MV] [MVlist] M4 Tanks

From: Robert Barber (rbarber41@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 07:06:10 PDT

I say it was due to the metallurgical alloys and lubricants
of the time..

They just didn't have the ware resistance of today's alloys and
lubes hence they would ware out faster especially producing that
much power.. Take the components of like the aircraft engines
of the time .. Very high maintenance.. As any P-51 Mustang owner
why he keeps 2 - 3 sets of heads for the Merlin.. Cause they cook
the valves out so easy..

                                 Bob B