Re: [MV] M4 Tanks

From: Walter Houghton (FlyN3Nvt@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat May 05 2001 - 12:09:25 PDT

I dont think the Germans had too much of a problem with their aircraft
development and the metals involved. The Me 262 was quite an advance,
look at the wing, 1st swept wing jet!!! We did not get that until the F-86.
What did the 86 wing have???? Leading edge slats. Well so did that 262.
So you got to give them some credit. Most P-51 pilots will tell you, The
best way to get a 262, is either get it early on take off or wait for the
landing!! The Jumo had a very slow spool of the N1. So she took a bit to
get to speed.

Jeff