Re: [MV] More on V-1's

From: islander (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Sun May 06 2001 - 08:48:31 PDT

>> which ALMOST made it to New
>> York, but ran out of fuel and crashed in the ocean just offshore, a few
dozen
>> miles south? I heard it was covered up to the extreme... :-)
>
>All news to me, sounds interesting, do tell?

Geoff almost has it right from what I recall. The plane that was dubbed
the "New York Bomber" after the war never flew on an operational mission.
 By the time it was ready for action they simply couldn't scrape together
enough fuel for the journey as the war was almost over at that point. I
have some details on it somewhere, but can't lay my hands on it at the
moment.

Steve