M37s found in North Alabama

From: John Doherty (mofta@farmerstel.com)
Date: Sun May 06 2001 - 08:42:36 PDT

FYI

I was led to a couple of really nice M37s this last week. These have got to
be some of the finest examples of solid sheet metal I've seen in several
years.

The 53 is not for sale, and I don't blame him at all. I'm envious to say
the least. But, the 61 will be for sale. It's not a slouch either, by any
means.

I did get some photos for you fellas to drool over. Pardon the dark ones.
The pictures don't do justice to either one of them though. The 61 was
beadblasted and painted, and he added canvas over the hard top in a landau
style. There is a couple ounces of fiberglass on some pinhole rust spots on
the trans cover, the passenger door bottom, the inside bottom edge of the
tailgate, and a small spot on the bed floor, and that is all. Other than
that, this is solid. The bed floor has dents from being loaded, but none in
the sides. He asked my advice on this one when he found it, and all I could
say was that if he didn't want it, I sure did.

The 53 is an item that he has been working on getting for seven years. It
is going to be an excellant piece.

DS doesn't have a computer, so no email. But if the green 61 M37 catches
your eye, drop me a line and I'll pass the messages along to him.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1049067&a=9861138&f=0

Enjoy

John Doherty
Henagar, AL