(no subject)

From: Dave Mantor (merrijoy@comteck.com)
Date: Sun May 06 2001 - 21:30:45 PDT

I have just come into possession of a truck that I need help to
identify. It is a 1958 Ford 1/2 ton truck that may have been a pickup
at one time. It is painted blue drab and is in pretty good shape.
However, the sticker that is on the right side of the front bumper needs
to be deciphered if anyone would be able to shed some light on it. The
sticker is about 4 inches tall and 7-8 inches long with a Marine Corps
shield in the upper right hand corner. The lettering on the sticker
is: USA LAMC (first row), DE737 (second row) and LIMA, OHIO (third
row). Chuck from Olive Drab suggested a parking sticker. So, does
anyone have any information to offer on this "mystery truck". I will
probably offer it for sale at some time; however, if it is a
military-issue vehicle built for a specific purpose, then I don't want
it "rodded" or torn up. Rather to be put into a collection somewhere.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help. Dave Mantor, Fairmount,
Indiana.