Re: M543A2 wrecker serial numbers, rambling, and other questions

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 14:54:01 PDT

Oops, I forgot to ask one of my questions in my last posting. My
5-ton's alternator belts are a bit loose, so I was able to determine
that the cooling fan turns easily, which I would guess indicates that
the water pump isn't all crufty. However, I can wobble the fan a bit.
How worried should I be? Does that suggest bad bearings in the water
pump? Does the multifuel engine even have a fan clutch? (It doesn't
look like it does).

Hey, I guess that was more than one question. :-)

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://www.keyserver.net/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/