Re: [MV] Mil aerosol paint experience

From: Jeanne Lacourse (cckw@mediaone.net)
Date: Tue May 08 2001 - 15:03:34 PDT

I know that David Ahl from MV Mag reads this notes file.

How about a paint-off amonst the various vendors. Paint all the different
colors on prepared metal plates. One set is covered and sealed agains that
light. The other set to be left out in the elements. At various time (6
months?) take out the master sample and take color pictures or other
measurement means to compare. Repeat, over and over...

I had thought about doing this, but the 'fleet' takes priorty...

The down side is that one vendor (I suspect titie-pink Aervoe Is that a
color 8-) ) would drop all advertising and might make the good/better
paint more expensive.

Steve AKA Dr Deuce

PS: I just tried the Gillespe paint (early WW2). It looked like the wrong
color wet, but dried a nice shade. The cans have a fan spray like a paint
gun.