Re: [MV] Contractors

From: chance wolf (timberwolf@wheeldog.net)
Date: Tue May 08 2001 - 20:49:51 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kelly, Robert" <Robert_Kelly@FCEINC.COM>
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2001 7:48 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] Contractors

> Didn't the Frigidaire division of General motors make M2 .50 cal. machine
> guns?
>
> National Postal Meter, Rockola (Juke boxes), IBM (International Business
> Machines), Saginaw of GM, Inland of GM and probably a few I can't remember
> made M1 Carbines.
>
> International Harvestor made M1 Garands duriung the Korean Conflict, I
don't
> believe they made them in WWII.

The museum I do some work for here got a 90mm M1A3 anti-aircraft gun donated
to it, 1943 vintage, and the makers' mark on the barrel and breech reads:

"Mfg'd by the Chevrolet Motor Division, General Motors Corporation, 1943"

Andy (who wants to trot it out to a Blue-Bowtie Chevy collectors meet and
enter it as a "43 Chev".)
MVPA 9211
Vancouver, B.C.