ABEREDEEN was very good

From: aussierob (aussierob@odyssey.net)
Date: Sat May 12 2001 - 08:07:20 PDT

Hello Listers

I really enjoyed Aberdeen. on Friday Lots of Jeeps fully restored too !
We left home at 3am and arrived there at 9ish
The day was warm to start with... & only became much, much hotter - probably
mid 90's dry heat.

I took NO pics. Sorry for that!
I decided to walk around first and choose neat pics then go back later.
However, I started talking to many different people and that killed time
...big time.!

We left at 2pm have had a great time meeting like minded people , There were
mainly military vehicles on show and the drive through the "mile of tanks"
and other historic equipment was also impressive.

Met many interesting people. Those that left me with a really good
impression were from " JEEPANELS PLUS's" Sheldon Greene and "Miss Marcia"
from Maine. They readily offerred a beer and a shady seat which for some
reason we were stupid and did not take Sheldon up on his offer. Sheldon is
very able to make "one Off" pieces of any shape n size. emaile;
jpanels@megalink.net

Another interesting and well informed guy was COUGARJACK . from NJ area.
He had a portable trailer "field tool chest"
This large unit opened and was internally marked for the positions of the
reapair equipment etc.!
 When closed, the thing looked like a giant modern BBQ on wheels with a
round top. You could work from either side and the top halves would open up
on each side like wings. Tools would always stay dry.

Another dealer "John Barton from NY took a few of the T-90 transmission
tapes for resale. John had some machine guns and mounts and other neat stuff
too!

Well woth the drive which was 600 miles round trip.

Well, so long for now
Old Jeep Breath.
Rob P. 42MB