Mule wheels--idea?????

From: Keith Byrd (byrdhouse@netease.net)
Date: Sat May 12 2001 - 09:41:13 PDT

I have a idea to have some steel wheels, 8 x 12 built for the M274. This
size tire is plentiful in lots of tread patterns, and to the untrained eye,
would look similar to stock wheel. The wheel used on the upgrade (12 x 12)
is good when you need lots of flotation, but the 8 x12 would be useful in
the hills. I have visions of a mule with 4 "rice and cane" type tires on it.
You could keep your stock wheels and tires for the shows.

There are some places that make custom wheels for agri. applications. Has
anyone checked into this or know of a custom wheel maker? Toro lawn tractors
and some others have a wheel in this size that has a flat center that could
be milled to fit the mule. Where could you find wheels like this in a junk
yard?

If a custom wheel maker could make them, maybe several of us could get
together and make a large order. The more the cheaper per wheel, I figure.

Lots to think about, what do the rest of you think? OK ET, je, John R., and
you other mule fever carriers.
Thanks, Keith