Welding cast iron MB block repairs...

From: DaveCole (davidcole@tk7.net)
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 19:09:18 PDT

I saw an article a while back in a hot rod book that showed two Chevy 350
engines that were sectioned and welded back together in a V16 configuration and
it runs. It was done by a welding shop that wanted to show what they could do
with cast iron. I was impressed. If they can weld two 350 thin wall blocks
together I think they could probably repair most visibly cracked cast iron
blocks (including MV blocks - required MV content). And yes, they also welded
two cranks together as well as two cam shafts. A 700 Cu Inch small block!

Dave