Re: [MVlist] WC53 Carryall Restoration Entry #53 & 54

From: Richard Tait (rtait@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 19:16:15 PDT

My neighbor had a painful ear experience years ago, courtesy of a VW Beetle he
was working on. He way removing the engine and was under the car unhooking
things. When he got to the gas line ("rear" of the engine, towards the front of
the car) and unhooked one end, it drooped down and an ounce or so of gasoline
drained out.

The gasoline went right into my friend's ear. He ran into the house and shoved
his wife, who was washing dishes, out of the way. He flushed his ear for a
while with water, before heading to the hospital emergency room for treatment.
The ear remained painful for a number of days.

MV content? This could also happen with a Kubelwagen or VW-powered Fast Attack
Vehicle. Be careful of what drips on you.

Matt Tait
Fullerton, CA