Re: [MV] GSA Sale in Minnesota

From: Mark Baxter (alleywayguns@bacavalley.com)
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 20:30:46 PDT

Hey Ron, The GSA gets alot of its stuff from the US Military, then what's
left over goes to DRMS. GSA items usually go to the US Forest Service, some
of the Indian Agencies and any other US Government Agency that may want it.
They will use the stuff until it is deemed Surplus from that Agency, then
returned to GSA and then auctioned off to the general public. Some of the
stuff they get from the military is heavily used,especially with the forest
service, some never leave the GSA motor pool.
 We should be thankful for GSA and their auction sites. With the DRMS
turning to Private companies for their sales, GSA is the last of the
auctions were the PUBLIC can bid directly with the US Government. I know, I
have been dealing with GSA for a few years now, and they are not as hard to
deal with as the DRMS was.
 Hope this answers your question. Mark M-886, (from the GSA)