Gillespie paint & other paint

From: Lisa Bunch (jeepcj8@home.com)
Date: Thu May 17 2001 - 07:08:42 PDT

When using Gillespie paint, what ratio of reducer (slow & med) do you guys
have the best results with?
I painted with black urethane paint using a hardner recently, and it came
out nice. I also painted with silver epoxy, and it didn't turn out as well.
I reduced it 4:1. It wanted to run and separate. It dried better than it
looked wet, but I shot the second coat from farther away. This gave it a
rough surface. Am I doing something wrong or are metallics diffucult to work
with?
Thanks paint experts,
Lisa