Re: [MV] idle musings....maybe even off topic......RE: [MV] Cracked MB Block

From: SHamil0725@aol.com
Date: Thu May 17 2001 - 07:18:00 PDT

In a message dated 5/17/01 8:24:24 AM, hern@nidlink.com writes:

<< One of the minor manufacturers tried a furnace brazed steel
block assembled from tubing and stampings in the late '40's,
but it was not successful. >>

Crosley Motors CoBra engine. I believe CoBra came from Copper
Brazed. The later four cylinder cast iron engine of the same design
was used in small military generator sets and had some shipboard
applications. I wonder if the CoBra was ever used in those? I wonder
if there are any CoBra engines left anywhere? I think Crosley recalled
them when installed in cars.
Sam Hamilton
Stillwater, Oklahoma
MVPA, VCCA, ATHS, NRA