Re: [MV] Gillespie paint & other paint

From: Ned Parkes (sparkes@fast.net)
Date: Thu May 17 2001 - 15:00:37 PDT

I certainly am not a paint expert but here is my experience with Gillespie
paint. When spraying the Gillespie CARC 383 green FS34094, (which really is
not CARC but called that) , CARC 383 brown, and flat black on my CUCV I
followed the recommendation of the place where I bought it. They said to
mix it 80% paint 20% reducer. I used Xylene, or Xylol, the brand name I
found at Sears and it worked very nicely. I am very happy with how it
turned out. I did not use a hardener since I heard that can make it more
glossy unless you add a flattening agent. I just followed the 'keep it
simple' principle.

Ned Parkes