L134 rebuild questions more this time

From: Mike and Cheryl (mleaton@netins.net)
Date: Sun May 20 2001 - 20:50:57 PDT

I believe I responded to everyone who sent me advice on my previous
questions, but incase I missed someone thanks.

I was wondering now that I am up to 5 engines, one with cracked block
why some have a pick up tube? on rear crank main and why some don't.
3 of these engines are civilian and 1 is military. Military and one civilian
have
the tube extending to oil pan. Oh other engine is MB and haven't looked
at it because it is supposed to run.

Seems to be a difference in engine mounts, I have wide and narrow and
seems to be to narrow. All engine have the straight across front mount like
CJ2a and WW2, so even in the M38 only one bolt was in driver side frame
mount to engine. Shouldn't the ears or tabs be opposite for a M38 or CJ3a?

Thanks again
Mike in Iowa
mleaton@netins.net