GPW question...

From: Maurizio Beretta (pierino@tin.it)
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 02:17:00 PDT

I have a question for the group...
I hope you help me take a decision

few weeks ago, I've found a GPW, a Ford script, s/n 32922 Dod 6.4.42

body needs a lot of work, but still seems restorable; data plates are still on.
I took her in a new home...than started to analize the whole matter.

as I said, body has usual defects (floors, toolboxes)

I tought, when I buyed it, that frame could still be usable, but when back
home I found it beyond repair.
it doesn't match with the body, it has an earlier s/n, probably 8xxx.
engine (still serviceable) is a willys.

then, I've found another GPW...s/n 186225, Dod 2.29.44
is a 44 composite; body (with data plates), engine and frame match.
frame is quite good, engine could be repaired, but body is the worst I ever
seen ...and couldn't be repaired ;-((

so, the question..

what do you think on a restoration with a '44 frame+engine, and a '42
"script" body ??
in this case, I can think of a full '42 project, because I really think
that best thing is to save that body,and that full project will have best
value with this kind of assett.

ciao

maurizio

  | | Maurizio BERETTA mailto:pierino@tin.it
  |______(*)_| www.pierino.com
|_\ o||||o /_| Chiasso, 11
|----JeeP----| 20155 Milano MI Italy
|_| |_| ph. + 39 023270228 fax + 39 023270228