Re-Importing US Vehicles

From: Kenneth H Koch (m35a1@juno.com)
Date: Sat May 26 2001 - 11:15:25 PDT

I know it's been discussed many times before, but please shed some light
on the import of old military vehicles again. I know that getting
foreign-manufactured ex-military is possible and relatively painless
(biggest problem is USDA inspecting for dirt because of the mad-cow
stuff). And I konw that armor was REALLY tuff, but has reverted back to
merely difficult. What about US-manufactured vehicles that had been sent
out of country? Can it be re-imported? What about supposed non-usable
stuff, like gamma goats, m151's and hmmwv's? Any info, knowledge, or
links where to get either will be very helpful. Thanx.