Re: [MV] Re-Importing US Vehicles

From: M35products@aol.com
Date: Sat May 26 2001 - 15:46:26 PDT

In a message dated 5/26/01 12:23:03 PM Pacific Daylight Time, m35a1@juno.com
writes:

<< What about US-manufactured vehicles that had been sent
 out of country? Can it be re-imported? What about supposed non-usable
 stuff, like gamma goats, m151's and hmmwv's? Any info, knowledge, or
 links where to get either will be very helpful. Thanx. >>

For what it's worth, my 1975 M35-A2 with 7,000 miles was stationed at a Nato
Air Force base in Germany (where it apparently led a stress-free life going
into town to get the Sunday paper)

It was repatriated by a large dealership, then sold to me in this country,
with appropriate paperwork for registration that was acceptable to the New
York State BAW (Bureau of Arrogant Women)

This occurred in 1998.

Regards, A P Bloom