Arlington...

From: Henry & Kate Cubillan (cubillan@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon May 28 2001 - 12:05:39 PDT

I just got back from Arlington National Cemetery. Always a sobering
sight, a reminder of how high a price we Americans have paid to enjoy
the liberty so many take for granted. Now that I am living in Northern
VA, I visit it often, it's my own way to pay tribute to the gallant
soldiers that gave all in service to their country. It is a beautiful,
serene place, and yet at the same time overwhelming. One can almost feel
the sorrow of the families, the sadness of young men taken in their
prime, and above all, the solemn pride of those who served and willingly
gave everything they had, even their lives.
I hope that all Americans take some time today to reflect on the awful
cost of liberty and democracy.

To our veterans, all of those who served, in wartime and peacetime, and
those who proudly serve today, I offer my most sincere admiration and
gratitude for your sacrifice. To those who gave all, my solemn promise
that as long as I am alive, you will NOT be forgotten.

To the brave Brits who stared Nazi Germany in the eye and never
flinched, to the Allied troops who fought for freedom all over the
world, to the Canadians who have fought and died side by side with
American soldiers, to the Aussies, who have always answered America's
call for help, and most especially to the American citizen-soldiers who
havealways answered the call to arm to fight against tyranny,
oppression and holocaust, this is YOUR DAY, a grateful nation remembers...

Sincerely,

Henry J. Cubillan

--
Henrique Cubillan		         TLCA#4080
1991 FJ62LG-MN	                   Herndon, VA USA