Jeep body parts

From: John A. Hern Jr (hern@nidlink.com)
Date: Mon May 21 2001 - 00:14:15 PDT

Dear Bro. MV'ers:

Got the hat channels off today, thanks to all you who sent me
suggestions and hints they came off much easier than I expected, and
with a minimum amount of blood and bruises. After careful study, I
think I really need to replace the floor under the driver and
passenger's feet, the rest seems repairable; also the right rear quarter
panel. I know new sides and complete floors are available, but I think
the floor I need could be done with flat 16 gage sheet, at a fraction of
the cost of the entire floor.

Question #1: Does anyone make a "partial" floor, just the lowest part?

Question #2: How about the right rear quarter panel? I really don't
need the entire side, just from, say, the axle back...

Question #3: Who is offering the body parts, and what has been your
experience with the various suppliers?

I really appreciated getting the info on Gillespie paint, I've used some
of it already and really love it. I had ordered some of the Brand X
Paint, but when I heard it was The Wrong Stuff I sent it back and got
Gillespie instead. I hope I can get the good info body parts too.

Thanks,

John

--

John A. Hern Jr. 1900 Millview Coeur d'Alene, Idaho 83814 mailto:hern@nidlink.com Dipl.Ing. Mechanical Engineer Foundry: http://www.hernironworks.com Greyhounds: http://www.greyhoundpetsinc.org Personal: http://www.happygreyhound.com