Re: [MV] M35 Axle Boots

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Tue May 29 2001 - 19:34:25 PDT

>Anyone done this job????? For the zipper type, I need to know what type of
>sealent to seal up the zipper???????

Yea, and I'm going to be doing it again, only 8 months after doing it the
first time. I noticed, while lining up for a parade yesterday, that I had a
puddle of grease on the ground under both boots. I only put 22 hours on the
truck in that time, all on road. Both boots split in amungst the accordian
folds. I know there are supposed to be good boots and less than good boots.
I was supposedly getting good boots before, I guess not. I just ordered two
from Memphis Equipment, they say they are government issue ones. As to the
sealer, I think it's a rubber cement type stuff. I didn't use any the fist
time because I put the boots on with the hubs and did not slit the rubber
thru the zipper. This time I will as I am not going to go thru all that
work again with the knuckles and all.

How does one tell the good boots from the others??????

later,

je