Re: [MV] For Sale: Winch for HMMWV-OUCH!

From: Hummer1234@aol.com
Date: Wed May 30 2001 - 17:53:34 PDT

IF someone wants to pay that much extra for an NSN then they have FAR more
money than I do! I have a Hummer not a HMMWV so I'd go for the non-NSN route
anyway. I just see no point in spending an extra couple of thousand on a
winch when I could see that the MM kit for the Hummer should fit just fine.
I have an OLD Hummer (1993) so the differences between mine and a HMMWV
aren't huge. I have the heavier duty suspension than the Mil version(2 ton
payload vs. 1 ton mil payload), upgraded hubs, CTIS, and a few amenities but
the basic truck is nearly identical.

I don't care what you charge for them but I thought that your potential
customers on this list might like another option.

Stuart