Re: [MV] All this winch talk reminds me...

From: M35products@aol.com
Date: Thu May 31 2001 - 17:19:03 PDT

In the interest of safety to all of our friends (and enemies) on the list and
elsewhere, please let us send you through the postal mail a report outlining
the EXTREMELY dangerous electric winches being marketed by an American
company. Contact us off-list for the info. In a nutshell, the motors burn
out after just a few minutes of operation, the motors overpower the ropes,
which snap at tensions upt 85% less than their rating, relays burn out almost
immediately upon power-up, and line-coast is excessive upon power-down. We
don't care if we never sell another winch, but we assure you that the report
makes scary reading. Do not install an electric winch until you have read
this independent report. A P Bloom.