Final words on winches.

From: M35products@aol.com
Date: Sat Jun 02 2001 - 09:29:56 PDT

 I would like to ask that anyone who questions the results of the test, or
the agenda of the people who commissioned it please understand that the Warn
Company was "warned", no pun intended, that the test would take place.

They were asked to attend. They were asked to assist by supplying materiel
and personnel. They were asked for any input that they wanted to offer. In
every case, they declined. Call them and ask them.

They were made aware of the criteria of the tests before the tests took
place. Nobody went behind their backs. I am sure that a testing lab,
populated by guys with letters after their names, and reputations to
maintain, and mouths to feed, and stuff to lose if they were sued for being
over-zealous or downright dishonest, would not skew the tests just because
somebody with an agenda was paying the bills. How many tests are conducted
in these industry battles for free? Call the lab and ask them.

Give me a break. I happen to be a MM dealer, because some people I know like
to buy the stuff they sell. I don't care whose winch or what type of winch is
better. I am a person who feels that any safety info is best disseminated to
my friends (and enemies.) Personally, I wouldn't use an electric winch for
anything, and that opinion was formed over 30 years ago.

Lets wait and see what the results of the next test are. They will be
subjecting the MM hydraulic one to the same series of tests. If I'm wrong,
I'll admit it, even though, as stated, I have no interest one way or the
other.

For the record, about 0.2% of my business comes from this list. I subscribed
to learn things, not get scolded. I've got better things to do than to endure
the abuse of the so-called experts. Your government has removed all electric
winches from stock, and has gone with hydraulic. Buy whatever winch you damn
please.

"Have a nice day"