Re: LISTRe: [MV] Final words on winches.Well, er, almost final....

From: Jaime Ponce de Leon (jaimepdl@elp.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jun 02 2001 - 14:42:54 PDT

I think i personally agree with mr bloom on this discussion.
Buy whatever winch you damn well please.
For me thats an electric. I had a warn electric winch on my old truck, and
it worked well. If I buy a winch for my cherokee, I would stick with the
smae brand, because i'm a creature of habit. I have had too many issues with
the hydralic kind to consiter it, but thats my opinion. If someone doesnt
like electric, then thats their opinion. People buy things to fit, 1. what
they need them for, 2. what they want them for.
So, if you want a winch, buy whichever one you want and will work for you.
And be careful with them. They are dangerous thing-a-ma-bob's, no matter
what brand or type you go with.
Always use precautions, like a old heavy jacket or blanket on the cable, and
dont come near the rated capacity, raise your hood, keep onlookers back,
etc.
Be careful out there.

Best reguards
Jaime.