close call

From: Bobby Joe Pendleton II (bobbyjoe@chartertn.net)
Date: Sat Jun 02 2001 - 15:10:16 PDT

Greetings,
   I finally go around to replacing the tie rod ends on my M211 2 1/2 ton
truck today. I got one hell of a surprise when I took my (bfh) hammer and
tried to knock the tie rod loose from the steering arm. The body of the tie
rod end completely fell off and left the tapered shaft in the arm. I was
driving this thing like that. I guess I am lucky the thing didn't fall off
on the highway. I had to remove the wheel to get the shaft beat out.
replacing the tie rod ends really tighten up the front end.
    The moral of this story is, when you pick up a shimmy in the front end
fix ASAP!! Don't wait, it could kill you and someone else.

Bobby Joe Pendleton II
MVPA#17657