M35 Front Axle Boots

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Sat Jun 02 2001 - 20:20:26 PDT

Regarding my failed front axle boots after only 8 months, my new boots came
yesterday from Memphis. They came in a bag with a date of only a couple
years old. I can't see any obvious difference in the shape or anything
related to the mold. The surface of the rubber on the new ones is shiney
and clean and almost sticky, the others where faded and dry. Also the
rubber at the zipper is cut thru on these, the other ones had not been cut
thru. Other than that I can't tell any difference. Any else know what the
deal is with these "bad" boots that we've all heard about?

I'll be putting these on shortly. If you don't hear from me in another 8
months then I guess these are at least better than what I had.

je