Re: [MV] Final words on winches.

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Sat Jun 02 2001 - 20:19:28 PDT

All this talk about winches specifically electric v.s. hydraulic has me
wondering a few things.

Someone mentioned that a hydraulic winch at some point failed. What exactly
failed? The winch, the hyrdaulic motor, the pump, the hoses, what?

I undersand that these use the power steering pump but how are they plumbed
in? Are they connected in series with the power steering box or is there a
crossover type valve that diverts the flow to the winch when winching?

Now as to the electric winch that fried the wiring and battery etc. Would
this not indicate an improperly installed/engineered system, beyond the
winch itself that is?

Don't mean to add any fuel to this already blazing fire but I'm currious.

je