Re: [MV] Final words on winches.

From: M35products@aol.com
Date: Sun Jun 03 2001 - 06:39:40 PDT

In a message dated 6/2/01 11:22:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jemery@execpc.com writes:

<< I undersand that these use the power steering pump but how are they plumbed
 in? Are they connected in series with the power steering box or is there a
 crossover type valve that diverts the flow to the winch when winching?

The hydraulic winches that use the power steering pump are plumbed in using
adapters, tees and hoses specific to the application. The fluid is diverted
through electrically operated solenoid valves similar to the ones used on
snowplow controllers to raise and lower, and move left and right. (If you
are lucky to live where snow plowing is not a winter sport, plows use an
electric-over-hydraulic pump to move the plow as above). I have never used
one, so I can't say how much steering power, if any, is available during
winching.