Re: [MV] STE/ICE Tester for CUCV

From: chance wolf (timberwolf@wheeldog.net)
Date: Sun Jun 03 2001 - 13:12:45 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Wiehe" <j.wiehe@sympatico.ca>
Sent: Sunday, June 03, 2001 11:02 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] STE/ICE Tester for CUCV

Oh yeah. "Refer to higher echelon maintenance" is the usual phrase, I
believe, and many a manual has earned frequent-flyer mileage sailing across
the room in a flight of fury when hours of following little AND/NAND/OR/ NOR
boxes results in a line of text similar to the above, which, when properly
translated into Motorpoolese, probably roughly equates to:

"Use a bigger hammer"
"SAE nuts WILL work on metric bolts with the right wrench"
"Discard 'spare' bracket and re-torque with pipe-wrench"
"So what if it is hooked up backwards? Sarge will gimme another..."
"<shrug> I think it goes back together like this. No one but me will ever
know anyways."

I plan on having a lovely bonfire with all of those horrid manuals - maybe
we can make it a sort of Guy Fawkes night with an effigy of M*A*S*H's
motor-pool mechanic 'Rizzo' as the incendiary guest of honour. I'll toast
weenies.

Andy Hill
MVPA 8211
Vancouver, B.C. (who notes depot rebuild 60A alternators come with the
ironclad guarantee: "40,000 miles or 24 volts - whichever occurs first.")