Re: [MV] Blazer question about weather strip on top of Passenger door

From: chance wolf (timberwolf@wheeldog.net)
Date: Sun Jun 03 2001 - 13:22:31 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stu Ellis" <stuellis@mediaone.net>
Sent: Sunday, June 03, 2001 11:41 AM
Subject: [MV] Blazer question about weather strip on top of Passenger door

> Hi all!
> The passenger door leaks rain in while closed. I replaced the weather
strip
> on cab door frame on both sides. I am going to now replace the weather
> strip on the top of door on the passenger side. I just noticed there is
no
> weather strip on the driver door, and looks like it never had one(no screw
> holes etc.). Is this weather strip only on the one side? If so, anyone
> have any idea why?
> Thanx!
> Stu Ellis

Film company owns four complete CUCV's and folks in our MVPA chapter own
four more for a total of eight. They all leak. A lot. The military tried
several different 'solutions' during the vehicles' service in both our
countries, and the usual remedy (as with the Dodge 880 series) was to simply
give up and rip out the carpeting before the floor rotted out through
moisture retention. I just mop up the inevitable puddles on the bare floor
of mine after every rainstorm and soldier on.

Andy Hill
MVPA 9211
Vancouver, B.C. (who just got leaked on for several hundred kilometers at a
time in the pass. side of a 1008 coming back from CFB Cold Lake, AB)