For Sale...a real nice M35A2

From: Andy Michalski (amichalski@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Jun 03 2001 - 13:58:59 PDT

Hi Guys,

I really don't want to do this, but I believe that I am getting bored with
my M35A2 deuce and a half. So, I figure that I would put an ad up for it
and see if it would go to someone who could appreciate it more than me. To
start, some photos I took of it last fall...

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Highway/3969/M35A2.html

It looks the same now as it does in the photos, with the exception of a new
3 color camo insulated vinyl top over the cab instead of the canvas in the
photos (and no trailer either). Here is a rundown of the features...

LDT 465 1D turbo, rebuilt in 1993
Airshift transfer case
All axle, engine and gearbox(s) fluids changed
Plastic battery box
Dual, yes dual spring ride seats
Cab "thermal barrier" kit (foam panels on the floor and walls)
Cab hot water heater kit
Dual rifle holders in cab
As new windshield frames/glass
Ether injection kit (replaces flame heater, genuine military retrofit)
Tires are a set of 10 of those 'new take off' tires, with about 1.5K on
those new tires (95%+ tread)
I will even throw in 12 more wheels and tires, 2 of those are as new as
well, the rest about 50%
This truck is a real speedster, clocked with a finely calibrated '98 Jimmy
speedo at 62 (might go faster, but I don't want to push the redline on a
deuce)
Miles show 6300 on the replaced speedo, around 1300 hours on the original
tach. I put around 1500 miles on it with no problems.
Genuine 6TL batteries in it too, circa 1998 or newer, still in great shape.
6 month old cargo canvas and bows.
Overall the truck is in very good+ condition.

Price for what might be one of the nicest deuces out there is $6K, I am
pretty firm on that price as it is a fair price for a truck like this, and I
am not running a fire sale for this one :)

As an added bonus to the buyer of this truck, 2 brand new extra end curtains
for the cargo area, and 2 brand new extra canvas grille covers (chunk of
canvas with Plexiglas windows for the headlights, part of the winterization
kits). Also, another complete set of wood bows for the cargo area, AND....3
sets of Humvee troop seats, a CUCV grille guard, rear window, and 2 CUCV
rear seat back upholstery in new condition (yes I am cleaning house too :) )

So guys, help me out on this one, who needs an instant MV collection with
the associated pile of 'extras' that goes with this hobby? Oh yeah, this
deal is located in Chicago, drive it away!

Andy