Re: [MV] GPW ?

From: Gene Pantano (truks@cs.quik.com)
Date: Sun Jun 03 2001 - 17:41:39 PDT

Today I removed a master brake cylinder shield from my '42 GPW. The last
few I removed from old derilicks were all metal.. This one has a metal
bottom that wraps around what I think is a sheet of asbestos..and is riveted
to the two attaching brackets through the asbestos..so the asbestos could
not ahve been added later. It was made this way....both brackets are marked
GPW and "F". Anyone seen one of these asbestos shields before..?? Gene