Re: [MV] M35A2C

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 22:43:49 PDT

Bob; The LDT and LDS engines are largely interchangeable. The LDS427, which
you don't want, poses a few extra steps. If an engine is siezed it may or
may not have oil in the pan. These engines are prone to hydrolock (cylinders
filling up with fluid). This will act lie a siezed engine and if you really
try to crank it, severe damage will occur. I wouldn't want to leave the lines
off the pump for any amount of time. Clearances in an injection pump are
very tight and anything that gets in will most certainly cause damage. I've
seen engines in the container, complete sell for $500. Some dealers will
sell you the engine for 5 bills cash & carry. If you want to start it before
you leave be prepared to add another couple of bills. Cost of an engine
depends on where you are and whats out there at the time. Goodluck on the
new toy....Kenny

p.s. DRMO will sometimes require fluids to be drained prior to turn in.
Might be the case with your truck.

Kenneth Engle
Loxahatchee, FL
'52 Stude M-275 tractor