Re: [MV] D Day, tanks and a quip

From: Gene Pantano (truks@cs.quik.com)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 16:34:23 PDT

I had the honor to know many men that landed at Normandie..one in
particular..was a US Navy UDT diver..SEABEES...The original "SEAL" team men.
He landed with a crew before almost anyone else with his crew and set
explosives so that the landing craft could get closer to the beach..they are
the men that left that sign that was mentioned in Searching for Private
Ryan....Can't say here what it really said....John Emmett Flynn was the name
of the BEE. Great man..great country then...
As I mentioned a while back..I saw the explosions from the ships that were
hit by German "U" boats..saw
the debree float into shore along the coast line..body part included...
After all the sacrifices the men and women of this country made for our
freedom.. ..where has it all gone ?? Why are we not "free" yet ?? Gene