Re: [MV] D Day, tanks and a quip

From: Colin Stevens (colin@pacdat.net)
Date: Thu Jun 07 2001 - 18:21:10 PDT

Cheer up Richard!

September 15, 1940 is still remembered in Canada as Battle of Britain
Sunday, and is one of three compulsory parades for the thousands of Air
Cadets across Canada each year. Last year I took my 1944 Willys MB jeep to
the event (only MV there). It is presently in RCAF markings for the Normandy
invasion. A photo of me with the jeep is at the top of my home page
http://bcoy1cpb.pacdat.net

Colin Macgregor Stevens

NOTE: I lost about 100 messages in early April, 11 or more messages on 2001
APR 30/May 1 and about 10 more on May 16 due to a server problem. If you
sent me a message during that time that was not answered, please resend it.
Thanks.

MVPA Member 954 (since 1977)
Editor: "Maple Leaf Up!" newsletter & Webmaster
of Western Command Military Vehicle Historical Society
(Established 1977)
Pitt Meadows (East of Vancouver but not beyond Hope)
British Columbia, CANADA
Owner of:
1944 Willys MB jeep (ex-Norway)
1942 BSA airborne bicycles (2)